Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Steambox: PC and consoles came together and had a baby

So it has been quite awhile waiting for the steambox to come into the picture and it has been worth the wait they have officially unveiled the steambox (13 to be exact) starting from 500$
The web has been set on fire this pass week with steambox being the source and I don't blame them this truly something to be excited some people are completely against the idea of steam machines but they just don't get the market I would love to play my PC games in my living room on my TV like my consoles and if they can sell a steambox for the price of a Xbox I would choose it over the Xbox

So there are quite a few steamboxes mid to high-end that have appeared at CES the most notable being iBuyPower giving you a very affordable mid box that can easily keep with next gen for at least 2 or 3 years but I was really surprise is how customizable the models were though I will be getting a iBuyPower and upgrading separately

But the real market for this box was to bring PC to console gamers and I think it will truly accomplish that especially with the new steam controllers they imitate mouse and keyboard even though it's not perfect it get the job done and looks pretty fun to play with

Check out some other stuff
Most builds with their specs and prices Kotaku
Some more info on both CES and Steambox IGN PC Gamer

Will you be getting a steambox or do you think you don't need one? tell me all about it in the comment section below I will definitely respond to any questions you can ask I spent a lot of time on this one so I think I know most things

No comments:

Post a Comment